The fragility of fossil fuels threatens our societies and our environment on a global scale.
Thankfully, there are an abundance of sustainable, alternative energy sources that can be harnessed to power today’s homes, including.
Alternative energy sources are forms of energy that are renewable and have a smaller environmental impact on the environment than fossil fuels. Some of the best alternative energy sources include:
- Solar energy: Solar energy is energy that is generated from the sun’s rays. It can be used to generate electricity, heat water, and power homes and businesses. Solar energy is renewable, clean, and widely available, making it a popular choice for alternative energy.
- Wind energy: Wind energy is the energy that is generated from the movement of the wind. It can be used to generate electricity by using wind turbines, which are large, spinning blades that capture the energy of the wind and turn it into electricity.
- Hydroelectric or Microhydro energy: Hydroelectric energy is energy that is generated from the movement of water. It can be harnessed from rivers, lakes, and oceans, and used to generate electricity through the use of hydroelectric dams or turbines.
- Geothermal energy: Geothermal energy is energy that is generated from the heat of the earth. It can be used to generate electricity, heat buildings, and even provide hot water for homes and businesses.
- Biomass energy: Biomass energy is energy that is generated from organic materials, such as wood, agricultural waste, and even sewage. It can be burned to generate electricity, or converted into biofuels such as ethanol or biodiesel.
To top it off, all of these smart energy technologies can be amplified by efficient battery storage systems, and smart home automation.